Thursday 17 November 2011

November is AAM

Adoption Awareness Month. I didn't know that before, now I do and I'm trying to do my part to bring attention to it. I know it's a very small part in the grand scale of things but just the same if we all do a little something our effort will grow huge. With that I have huge news, my hubby who has RHS, anyone heard of that?? It stands for reluctant husband syndrome. If you go over to No Greater Joy Dad you can read all about it. The said hubby has told me many times over that he cannot and will not adopt at this stage of our lives. Remember we're fifty and fifty two, grown kids etc and now I've been blindsided by a desperate need to rescue a child from an orphanage. Well hubby finally told me that he would look into it. I know, he's trying to be patient with me and he's only humoring me but still there is that little part of me that sees a tiny speck of hope that perhaps he'll change his mind.

I was also lucky enough to get some more information and a new picture of Francine. She's a gentle little girl who gets around without a wheelchair. She gets along with her peers at the orphange and they enjoy playing with her. Her caregivers also say she is a very smart child but she is nearing six and her time before the institution is running out. I love this picture of her looking out onto the world, smiling, making the best of her situation. She's charming and cherubic but whose child is she? Is she yours or is she mine? I hope that God will answer that question for us very soon.

Thanks to Marianne for taking the time to answer my emails and letting me share this picture of Francine she took when leaving the orphange with her own precious daughter.


9 comments:

  1. Praying for your husband!! I had to chuckle at the term RHS though! ;)

    Wait, are those pictures of THE Francine that Jane is advocating for??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is Jane's Francine from RR. She's an adorable little girl. Thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaagggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just fallen off my chair! ok REALLY CRYING NOW! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, Francine is such a lovely girl, I can see why you've fallen for her, slowly but surely I'm falling for her too. I've just had a weekend alone with my husband and I talked a lot about adoption. He is starting to refer to Francine not by name yet but as her. "I have no problem helping her" but he's not sure he can make a lifetime commitment to another child when our children are already grown. It's hard to see days go by and her 6th birthday coming up and not be able to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh rosie! i too have ahusband with RHS but also live in a country with WSSNAS (will stop special needs adoption syndrome) I have a government and a husband to convince!! i am praying for us all in this, hey and kids keep ypu young! love and hugs dear friend! loving the fact you love francine as well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Karina, you have a cute little girl and I'm sure she has blessed your family in many ways. She seems to have the same coloring as Francine. I would also love to save her. She so does not deserve to go to a mental institution. I will go read your blog about your adoption experience and you're pretty well fresh from it, six weeks wasn't all that long ago. Karina seems to be adjusting just fine. I don't have any more information on Francine other than what's already posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, I meant to say Julia, I realize Karina is your daughter.

    ReplyDelete