Tuesday 5 June 2012

Press My Luck

So, the meeting with the social worker took place tonight at her home. Nice neighbourhood.  It was a lot more intimate and cozy in a home atmosphere than an office.  At first, hubby, let's call him CV listened carefully and then it was time to bring him into the conversation.  It had to happen sooner or later, gulp.  She asked him about his long name and how he got it to break the ice, literally, breaking the ice.  Seriously, though he said his thoughts but not in his usual offhanded way.  There was more thought to it and he asked questions as well.  The social worker, let's call her DN, she offered a lot of knowledge and insight on different types of adoptions, foster parenting, hosting programs, domestic and International and  encouraged that we explore them all.  She let us both have our says and overall I think it was a success.  Although I already filled out an eight page home study application we did not yet sign up.  We only used this visit as a consultation but she said it could count toward a session if we were to sign up however I did not want to press my luck and let CV decide if he was goint to pay for consultation or a down payment of the program. I can see that DN did not think he was ready yet anyway so probably the best thing happened.  CV said how much do we owe you and DN said two hundred so that was that, the other three hundred remained in pocket.  Much to my dismay later, I did not argue.  He was here.  He listened.  He talked.  He considered and we went home with a hug and a kiss and smiling.  That was good enough for me.  So, I would say that was a success because the door is opening wider and wider each time. I love him so much for that.

DN suggested taking the training course first if that would help so we'll look into that though to CV it was suddenly like a brand new idea and he actually thought it was good and yet I've been going on about the course, the training, seminar for months.  "Oh, did you say that?"  "Yes, honey, many times."  I'll forgive him for that

The loan officer came back to us and guess what??  We're approved; loan approved that is.  He's going to gather up the papers and call us in to look over more details and for signing.  Although CV doesn't want to get into more debt he may be relieved to have some money readily available.  Sure, it's not near enough of what we would need but it's a start.  Gotta start somewhere, then I'll have to sharpen up my fundraising skills to fill in the rest.

Still hoping to be a mommy to LB, one who loves her very much but so far she is still sitting in the wrong region where she is unreachable and there doesn't seem to be a way to move her to one the agency could work with.  I've written many letters to anyone who would listen using my trusty Google translater but no one seems to want to try. It is so disheartening.

______________________________________________________________________________

Langley, too is not in the right region for me.  Why these regions anyway?  Why can't it all be one big region?  It would make things so much simpler.  Langley's fund is moving again othanks to Jen over at "Help me Save Langley" page.  He is so lucky to have her by his side to shine a light on him and give  him so much support.  Please, please help Langley with his fund so he can find his family.




No comments:

Post a Comment