Tuesday 29 January 2013

The Knowing

Had another home study session.  Talked so much about our childhood, best moments, worst moments etc.  A lot of memories and emotions brought out and dealt with.   We did miss one session because the social worker got sick.  Next one is next Monday.  So still a session, not a home  inspection.  It just seems to be dragging on very long nevertheless has to be done with.  The RH hubby is always quiet at first but then does get into it and talks a lot and even says some favorable things.  I'm so proud of him for that.  I have been looking at the China adoption program but there isn't a lot of time for that, basically a year and a half before the hubby is too old.  There are so many children there too who need a family and not just girls, many, many boys too.  Their special needs seem to be different than that of Russia or Ukraine but there are so many sweet faces there and smiles that tug at your heart .  The social worker also told me that Lithuania is making more files available for special needs adoption so their program is opening up more and more and it is a country we should look into.  To think that almost two years ago I had no idea there were so many orphaned children, that while some were ok many were suffering, I didn't know their names, I didn't know their faces and frankly I didn't care,  I had my own family to worry about.  That was then and this is now, after I saw their faces, learned of their names, birthdays, their plight.  Now I know and nothing will be the same ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment