Tuesday 15 January 2013

How Many Will it Take

Home study appointments that is; how many will it take to complete with a reluctant husband?  Well, at least three more.  There are many issues to work through, for the hubby to realize just why he is so hesitant, what is scaring him so much.  All he sees is gloom and doom and a lot of work ahead that he is not prepared to handle ... anymore.  He's done with it.  Been there, done that.  First, tonight at the home study we got lots more paperwork to fill out and sign etc.   I already had a medical report filled out that I got from the agency that covers Russia but the home study program has its own report, different from that of the agency.  So, we have to go again. 

It just so happens I called the Doctor's office to schedule our physicals but I was told physicals are on hold indefinitely due to the Ontario Ministry is considering cutting physicals.  It appears they are not necessary anymore, healthy people don't need physicals; it is just a waste of money.  What they propose instead is doing separate appointments for each test you normally get at a physical.  Wait a minute.  I like my physicals.  I may not go religiously exactly once a year but I get it done.  When I know that nothing is wrong it makes me feel better.  This is in the works right now.  Instead of one appointment I might need five.  Isn't that a waste of money, my money?  I wonder who came up with that idea.  We'll see what happens.

Back to the home study, we got into some heavy topics tonight but almost two hours later we made it through it.  The hubby was all serious at first then he started talking, getting into it.  I held my breath at first then was glad he relaxed and most of all he surprised me at the very end.  The social worker said, well, you've been through some trials with your three children so you know that kids are not perfect.  Some people go into adoption thinking it will all be perfect.  Hubby said, oh no, he's well aware whether it's our own kid or adopted kid there will be problems but we will give the child all the help the child needs, we just need to be patient and work through the problems together.  He has never yet referred to doing anything for the child; only what he would not do; you know he didn't want to do this again or that again.  So, this was ground breaking.  Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment