Monday 2 September 2013

When is it Enough?

I've no news at this point about my own adoption but it seems other do.  They are adopting another child.  Yet again they've heard the call to adopt. It makes me wonder how some are called or are enabled to adopt again and again.  No sooner had they brought their newest son or daughter home and in some cases more than one a time and now another child catches their eye and so they start the process over again. How is it fair that some adopt many times and others do not get to do it once? If they already adopted five or six times is this not enough?  When is it enough?  Then again there is always the question of what is their secret?  How do they overcome all the obstacles of financing, disagreeable relatives, children or spouses? Are they really more special than others? Etc Etc

Even though at the bottom of it is a matter of helping a child, no matter who the parents happen to be as long as they are willing and able to provide for it, there's still that kernel of jealousy, why them and not me? Am I not special enough. Am I lacking in some way of love and finances so therefore I am incapable to provide this to another child? I can't see how that can be. I've provided plenty for three children I've raised already and we continue to spoil our grandson with everything he needs and more. So why then do some enabled to adopt multiple times and others are not?

1 comment:

  1. I understand your question. We adopted twice, and it was excruciating. We are done. This is it. Can't go through the paperchasing year again, and we are busy with the kids we have.

    That doesn't stop me from sighing over the pictures of the precious waiting kids, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete