Wednesday 3 October 2012

Giving Thanks

Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up this weekend; inviting family and friends; having  a big dinner.  Over the years the dinners have become largers as we have more than our fill of meat, salads and desserts.  This year I think a little of those who don't have as much if anything at all.  If it's Thanksgiving or their Birthday it's just another day at the orphanage, day in and day out, all the same.  No special treats, no baloons or birthday cake. I've seen some orphanges have started to celebrate a child's birthday but I wonder if it will last, as  children come and go, moving on as they get older from their baby house to the Internat or grown up institutions where their days will become gray.  I await patiently another week and a half to go by until our adoption training course.  What will we find out? Will it be the end of this journey?  Or just the beginning?







Here is a little one who keeps me on my toes as he nears seventeen months and shows sure signs that soon he will enter an age of bliss for him and panic for us, 2.  He is gearing up pretty nicely but I love him so much and would not trade the T2s for anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment