Friday 23 September 2011

Two Mamas for Marissa



What Pam said over at Saving His Sparrows blog really stuck with me and what role Pam plays in all this I don't know yet but she definitely does.  Is it really possible that after having no Mama to call her own little Marissa was destined to have not one but two Mamas?  One in the South and one in the North.  How on earth would that work out?  I have no idea but the seed of possiblity is there.   Perhaps there is a certain something she will need from each of us and each of our families.  Thinking of this makes my heart a little bit lighter today and it leads me to wonder who her new family is, where they live.  Are we destined to become friends through Marissa or will her new Mommy resent me for talking about her little girl? Time will tell but the path has already been written and nothing we do will change it.  When they say God works in mysterious way, it is certainly true.  Maybe through this child a lesson is to be learned.

3 comments:

  1. oh bless your sweet heart! i send huge hugs and love from the uk! what an awesome woman you are where all is possible and silver linings are to be found at every turn. i pray you find peace in this heart breaking turn of events for your family. do keep stopping by forget-me-not friday to update your new friends here. much love janexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie,

    This lovely comment was written on my blog. Perhaps she thought I was Marissa's "other Mama" but I think this message is for you. May God continue to bless you and give you strength & comfort!

    Here is the message:

    "Praying for the other mama who wanted to adopt Marissa! I know how hard that is. :( Know that your role in her life is still important - your prayers and tears for her are not wasted. There is still a special child out there waiting for you, hun. :) Hang in there! This can be such a long road for many of us."

    The comment was left by Robin E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pam, Jane and Robin for the lovely comments. I know that things will one day fall into place and then I will know what my role is in Marissa's life until then I will keep thinking and praying for her.

    ReplyDelete