Wednesday 28 September 2011

A Family for Marissa

Lovely little Marissa has a new family.  They are working hard on their paperwork and the adoption process to get to her as quickly as possible.  She is one lucky little girl.  Her family sounds wonderful and she will have three super cute brothers to look out for her and another sibling on the way.  I originally thought she should have older siblings who would dote on her and parents who would have time just for her but God had different plans and I'm sure they are the right plans.  Marissa will do just fine.

Now, here is someone who partly made me go down this path of adoption.  When I saw what a privelaged child he was going to be with so much love and so much support around him it made me think of all those children who were not so lucky.  This little baby, my first grandchild, a four and half month old boy named Brandon seemingly pointed a finger at all those kids who may never have what he has, the love of a family.  He was a thirty two weeker and spent a month in the NICU and has brought our family together like no one else has.  Brandon and his parents live in my house for now and I treasure every single moment I get to spend with him.  I watch for his smiles.  I wait to hear his giggle, to see his beautiful face in the morning.  I hope that one little orphan named Marissa will have all that and a lot more in her life very soon with her new family.




No comments:

Post a Comment