Sunday 2 October 2011

Next in line

Yesterday, I actually told some of our friends about where my mind has been for over a month.  I told them I actually considered adopting one little orphan in EE.  They just kind of looked at me surely wondering why I would want to do this at this stage of my life when my kids had just grown.  My husband has been patient with me about this.  He's quite enjoying our grandson and I know that he would have been a great father to Marissa but I see that he thinks I will get over this but so far I haven't.  I haven't gotten over losing Marissa because I didn't react on time and I haven't gotten over how many abandoned children are in the world.  I know there are other kids who desperately need homes however it's hard to just stop loving the one who's already snuck into your heart.  So,  I can't just pick another child who might be next in line.  Here is a picture of my daughter Sherie who also thought about adopting Marissa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment