Friday 26 April 2013

Home Study - Done !

So, we are done with the home study.  It’s hard to believe it but it’s true.  It will take another few weeks to get it all written up but I am so relieved that this part is over.  My husband was with me and in fact we celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary the day before; got a huge bouquet of roses and flowers which was so thoughtful of him.  So he can’t be all that mad at me for putting him through this.  We shall see what unravels if anything after this or will I come to the conclusion that still I can’t do this.  I’m too old.  Then I look at these other ladies my age who have just brought a child home from China and they seem to be able to do it just fine; raise a young child I mean, some of them have more than one which is amazing I think.  When your will is so strong to help a child that you bring home four or five children and you can see them blossom with love and care that is all that counts, not what age you are.  At the bottom of it all you do what you have to do to keep that child fed, clothed and loved, you just do it, it’s a natural instinct in us and it doesn’t matter if you’re thirty or you’re fifty. When they grow up to be a teenager will they be embarrassed to have an older mom?  Probably but at least they have a mom and dad; that safety net they need to prosper.   

For now I breathe a sigh of relief that we’ve scaled this mountain but I know there are more mountains to come.  Still the home study has to go into the government and be approved.  Right now we don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t be but you never know what they’re looking for.  So we’re looking at the summer by the time this is all said and done if summer ever comes.  Temperatures here are up and down every day so that there is no real promise of spring much less summer but hopefully soon.  

Never did I think when I was younger that I would be on this road to help a child in this way but something in me just says that this is exactly where I should be.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your heart... so happy for you. Just had to say~ I am one of those older moms with little ones at home. Wouldn't trade it for THE WORLD and when you say you are on the road to help a child... I think you will find THEY help YOU way more than you help them. Scott and I often say... they SAVED us from ourselves! SO excited for your journey to unfold!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shay. I did follow your latest adoption a few months ago and was trying to share it with my husband. You and Scott made it look so easy and at home you seem to have it all under control. The children are flourishing and happy and you too are so content. Is that really possible I wondered. Can it really be that easy? I'm sure though there are days when things pile up on you but one thing at a time I suppose. As it is there are still many questions that need to be answered and many steps taken before we complete our adoption. I just don't want us to end up sitting in front of the TV when we have so much to offer a child.

    ReplyDelete