Friday 11 January 2019

Mom's Carrot Cake

Here is my mom's Carrot Cake that she baked the other day. We just happened to come by at the right time when she was putting this cake together. She is a great baker and this cake was delicious. She usually bakes many different varieties at Christmas time and other occasions. I have many favorites. I've tried some baking but just doesn't seem to turn out as well. I will have to keep trying. Maybe in the future I will have more time to experiment and get that perfect cookie or cake. In the meantime I will keep up with mom's baking.






Translation:  2 cups flour/ 2 tsp baking powder/ 1.5 tsp baking soda/ 1.5 tsp salt
2 cups grated carrots/ 1.5 cups sugar/ 1 cup crushed pineapple
1 tsp cinnamon/ 1/2 cup sliced walnuts/ 1 cup Mazola oil/ 4 eggs
Mix eggs with sugar well, add oil and flour, mix in all other dry ingredients, 
then add pineapple and carrots. Flour the pan then pour the batter. 
Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.











No comments:

Post a Comment