Wednesday 9 January 2019

The "Day"

So the long awaited day has come.. come and gone now.. the day of my Retirement. December 31, 2018 I walked into my work and then left for the last time. You know how all your work life you dream of this day, anticipate and count the years etc well when the day finally arrived was it as euphoric as I imagined?  Well, yes it was. I've heard of some people say they were a bit disappointed, or sad to leave the place where they spent so much of their life in. Better yet they say they don't know what they will do with themselves now. They will be bored. Umm NO. I didn't feel sad. I walked out of there with my head high and looking forward to the future. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean that I wasn't grateful for having a place to work all these years because I was. I'm happy that I had a job, a place to come to each morning, work with good people, help the company prosper in my small way and go home with a paycheck that put a roof over my kid's heads and food on the table. For this I'm grateful but I never understood people who say they don't want to retire because they are afraid of being bored. Life is what you make it and I made sure I will not be bored. I've got plans for the future and it will be as exciting as it ever was if not more. It may be different from what I've been used to for so long but it will be interesting, fulfilling, embraced in love from my family and encompassed with dreams yet to be realized.





Passed by these views for almost twenty years, a chunk of life seeing the same sandpit, same parking lot, same trucks, day in and day out.






Feeling brand new. It is strange but seems like life is just beginning. How can that be when sun is suppose to be setting into my "golden years"? Who came up with that anyway???



No comments:

Post a Comment