Thursday 13 December 2012

The Promise

After talking with our social worker this week she told me I would have to get my fingerprints done even though they told me at the police station that I didn't even though they knew it was for adoption.  I knew something was not right with that so now I wasted time and still have to get it done but I found out I can also get it done at a private place who is acredited with the RCMP; it didn't have to be at the police station and there are many private places.  I had no idea; it's not like I ever had to get fingerprints done before.  Not only that, everyone in the house also has to get it done.  Good thing our niece who was staying with us has found her own place and moved out on Dec. 1st.  My oldest daughter and her fiance and their baby also found an apartment and will be moving out on Jan. 8th so since the home study will not resume until a week after that they will not have to have fingerprints done.  Though I hate to see my little grandson go I know that my daughter is eager to start a life of her own.  She is twenty six and her little family need some privacy to do their own thing and not have us look over their shoulder all the time.  We know that we need to stay away so they can learn to be parents but it's hard not to spoil the little one.

Getting back to the private fingerprinting places, they charge a little bit more but they get it done a lot faster as they use digital printing; should get results back in a few days instead of a few weeks so at least that will save us some time.  So, that leaves my other daughter and son who were not so keen on adding another child to the family.  They were not ready to get their fingerprints done either however after a few days of talking they have agreed to do it.  It somehow meant so much to me; seems almost like mountains are moving.  When they say God doesn't call us to do the easy things it's so true.  I just hope they go through on their promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment