Wednesday 20 March 2013

Fortune Cookie Speaks Truth

And now for something completely different; my fortune cookie from last weekend hit the nail on the head.  Not sure who or how they come up with these wordings but it seems to have been created just for me.  It was on my Instagram but here it is again.  I just like looking at it and thinking how appropriate it is but it’s become a battle with us and the battle is hard.  Huge mountains have to be moved in order for this to happen.  They are moving but very slowly, inch by inch. 



However a few good things have already happened as a result of this journey.  For the medicals we had to be weight and it seems my husband did not like what he saw, I liked it even less for “many” reasons.  I’ve talked to him about the weight before but it just didn’t seem to hit home like a look at that number on the scale which of course he tries to avoid.  Ever since he’s been doing something about it and there are results.  Thank the Lord for that.  This makes me very happy and my husband healthier.  We are talking more with the kids and each other which also makes me happy and most of all, we have found a way back to our church and hopefully back into our faith that we have fallen out of.  If we are being called to adopt, we are being called back to our faith even more so.  In that case I have been called first because I would be more receptive and I am and through me my husband is starting to hear it to, though he tries not to and resists but deep in his heart I believe he knows that when people say something has to be done; someone has to do something; if only every family took in a child there would be no more orphans and innocent children would suffer no longer – that someone includes us.  It’s not for the rich or the most perfect parent, it’s for people like us; ordinary people who care enough to do something to help a child in need.  Also, for older parents who’ve already had the blessings of children now grown up it is a chance to pay it forward for the life they had; give one little lost soul a chance at life it may otherwise never have.   

No comments:

Post a Comment