Thursday 17 May 2012

The Appointment and Langley

Okay, we had the appointment today; adoption agency appointment that is.  First, my reluctant hubby not only showed up but picked me up at work and drove across town to the agency and sat patiently while I asked my questions.  I knew eventually the inevitable had to happen; we had to bring him into the conversation.  All day I agonized over it, cringed over it.  What was he going to say and how much of it?  Or would he come through for me?  So, let's just say the appointment was not a complete disaster.  At first we were talking to a female representative and then a male came in and my hsuband almost lit up.  Don't get me wrong hubby did not say that he wanted to adopt or that he thought about it all his life but he was willing to listen and most importantly talk about it.  He even asked some questions.  The door has opened, a crack.  When we left I was consumed with giddiness and was crying like a baby at the thought I might be able to help a helpless child after all.  Of course the finances are always a worry just like with everyone else but when the will is there hopefully the rest will come along.  If we all stood up for one child we would have no orphanages. Wouldn't that be a wonderful world??

Little Langley is still waiting for his mom and dad to find him.  His fund has stalled a bit so I put in a donation to get it moving again.  I hope it keeps going.  This little boy so deserves a fmily of his own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment