Sunday 6 May 2012

Wanted

To say God works in mysterious ways is so true.  When I think about why this wish to open my home and heart to an orphaned child has come to me at this point in my life is sure a question only he can answer.  Even more surprising to me is that he thinks I am equipped for such a precious task.  Have I been the greatest mother that ever lived?  I hardly think so but I have raised three beautiful children who have lives, wonderfully different personalities and are thriving.  I wouldn't say we were rich but our children grew up with all that they needed and wanted but most importantly with lots of love. We wanted them in our lives.  We wanted to be their parents.  Maybe that is the key here.  Wanted.  This is what an orphaned child lacks most of all; being wanted by someone like their mom and dad. But we as parents need to want it too.  I want to help a child who would not otherwise have a future and give them all the love and support they need to suceed in life.  My husband, not so much.  He feels he has done his part by raising our children however slowly I do believe God has been working on his heart.  Hubby has asked more questions lately what an adoption entails.  How could we possibly do it?  We have good jobs but by no means do we have forty thousand sitting around waiting to be used.  I know, I say but we could do it little by little, one step at a time after all that is how we raised our children, one step at a time.  So, I've asked an adoption agency for an appointment so we can answer some of his questions and mine and we'll go from there.  I've mentioned LB who has PKU but it turns out that is not a special need in Russia and therefore we cannot request her file but if we give a very close description of her we just might get lucky and get her referral but first she has to be transferred to Moscow.  That will be an accomplishment as well. There is another child, a boy who is dear to my heart.  We've been sponsering him with a couple of medical issues but he is otherwise healthy.  I originally thought they were both special needs children and was wondering how come they were not listed on RR but as it turns out they are not special needs. Certainly, I didn't plan it that way so someone else must have.  True too, he knows what we can handle.  Little IK, turning two this month is already in the right region for us to be able to adopt.  Again, I'm sure God has a plan for both of these children and for us and we're so excited to find out what it is,  I am for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment