Friday 1 June 2012

Strange but True

Yes, very strange and very true; we're getting some things accomplished.  Medical reports for the agency, done, certified marriage license, here, police record applied for, appointment for my hubby's fingerprints, made.  Apparently, I don't have to do one.  Lady at counter ran some kind of test and males born in certain years are more likely to be sex offenders so they all have to get fingerprint tested, females do not, however hubby seemed to have no problem with that and made the appointment for June 27th.  First, I'm shocked the RHS hubby is even here much less making an appointment to get fingerprinted. We've applied for a loan and on Tuesday we're seeing a social worker and hopefully starting our home study. 

What does this mean?  Does it mean we're adopting?  Does this mean he has agreed or is he just letting me go through the motions and hoping I'll hit a snag somewhere? 

Truthfully, I've come to realize that he doesn't really need to actually say the words.  They're just words anyway but actions speak volumes and right now there is a lot of action.  What's even more strange is that we're more or lass starting the process but we're not commited to any child, that is, here in Canada we're not allowed to commit to a child until our home study is done and approved by the government. 

I would hope that we could commit to a certain little seven year old but one, as mentioned, we need to pass home study and two she is in the wrong region.  She is in a region that no agency covers here or in US and would need to be transferred.  I've been trying to work on that but it's proving next to impossible but not ready to give up yet. 

How this will turn out or who the right child will be for us, time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. So awesome things are moving along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's to bad your agency can't contract with an organization that works in that region so you could adopt her. I've heard of some agencies doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will ask them if they would. I presume they would have to set up accreditation with that agency which takes some time and money which is why they can't do this in every region. I will ask them anyway, it's worth a try, thanks.

    ReplyDelete